Painting from life is essential to every artist. It sharpens the memory, dramatically improves draftsmanship, and gradually enhances painting proficiency.
PROSPECTUS FOR 2017
ANNUAL SHOW – PEACE RIVER PAINTERS
THEME: IT’S JUST PLEIN FUN!
PROSPECTUS FOR 2017 ANNUAL SHOW – PEACE RIVER PAINTERS
THEME: IT’S JUST PLEIN FUN!
- Receiving: Wednesday, January 4th - 2pm-4pm
- 2nd Receiving: Wednesday, January 11th - 2pm-4pm (because of the holidays, there will be a second receiving date, but try to make the first one)
- On Display: January 5 – 31, 2017 – The Goff Gallery, Visual Arts Center
- Location: Goff Gallery, Visual Arts Center, 210 Maud Street, Punta Gorda, FL 33950
- Entry Fee: VAC Members: $15 for up to 3 entries. Non-members: $20 for up to 3 entries. Fees are non-refundable. Individual membership is a great value at only $55 per year. Visual Arts Center commission on sales is 30%.
- Gala Reception: Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 5-7pm - Goff Gallery. This will be a dual reception for both the Annual Show and the Quickdraw.
- Removal: Tuesday, January 31, 9am - 10 am
The show is open to all artists who have painted with PEACE RIVER PAINTERS during the past two (2) years. Work must be original 2D in oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastels, graphite, gouache, pen/ink. Work does not have to be done in plein air but must be representative of SW Florida.
LOCATION: Goff Gallery, Visual Arts Center, 210 Maud Street, Punta Gorda, FL 33950
Artwork must be wired and ready to hang, no sawtooth hangers or cardboard loops. The center of the wire should be a minimum of 3 in. from the top of the frame when stretched. Gallery wrap canvas is acceptable if sides are painted. Glass or Plexiglass is acceptable. See VAC framing requirements HERE.
Link to full Prospectus & Release CLICK.
We meet on Mondays at 8:30 am (unless otherwise noted) at various locations in and around Charlotte County, Florida for plein air painting. There are no fees and no instruction for the paint-outs. We have a critique at around 11:30 am for those who would like to share (strictly voluntary). Come on out and join us -- we welcome all mediums and all levels of experience. It's all about having fun and enjoying the process.
Remember to bring a hat, sunscreen and bug spray. Wear closed toe shoes. Bring your camera and a painting umbrella along with all your usual paint materials: turp, medium, brushes, knives, painting panels or stretched canvas, sketch book, pencil, pen, paints, palette, pochade box, tripod or French Easel, a tarp, trash bag, snack, portable chair.
Sharon Yarbrough, Coordinator
Facebook: Click HERE
PEACE RIVER SCHEDULE @ 8:30 a.m. (unless otherwise noted)
Free and Open to all Artists
PEACE RIVER PAINTERS WILL RESUME PAINTING ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2016. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FANTASTIC SUMMER AND DO LOTS OF PAINTING!